Saturday, September 20, 2008

A stone's story: Autobiography

Many walked by
the path was made
on the way, i was then......

some considered me, 'a hindrance'
joined hands saw me side by
'a waste stone', I became then....

pragmatic transport department
promptly thought of me
'a mile-stone', i became then....

a passer-by wore me garland
the other smeared 'kunkum'
'object of worship', i became then....

years passed, a sculptor on the way
conceived me in mind
'beautiful statue', i became then....

then in auction, for a bid
highest call carried me
'part of interior design', i am now....

who am I?
you named my name
formed my form...

i confess
i'm a stone
a stone, a stone.....

excuse me please
'O! mortals,
are we essentially same......'

j.john britto xavier

1 comment:

Ajaa said...

words and actions can do anything to anyone living or dead...