Monday, June 22, 2009

Meeting God………

Legs marching fast
Lungs stretching soon
Panting and puffing
I walked to meet God at worship
O! My God!
I was late by ten minutes.

As streetlights stared at
Persons walking by
A dim voice aired
‘Excuse me’
voice unchanging my pace
steps stretched longer, sooner

While sitting in the Church
An inner voice surfaced
‘Why have you come?’
‘To meet my God’, I responded.
‘You were late, I came to meet you
You didn’t mind me ’ inner voice said.

When, How come, Lord?
“Excuse me’, I said on the way
You’re swift enough to unanswer the plea”
Lord, were you that person?
In pant, shirt and bag on the shoulder.
Assumedly stopping for money?

‘How strange are you God?
I couldn’t meet you’ I complained.
Strange? Am I? -Or
You to one another? The voice quizzed.
My knees touched the ground
Tears kissed the cheek
Heart whispered, “Amen”

j. john britto xavier

No comments: